Download 1 Kings, Volume 12: Second Edition (Word Biblical by Simon DeVries PDF
By Simon DeVries
The notice Biblical statement provides the simplest in biblical scholarship, from the top students of our day who proportion a dedication to Scripture as divine revelation. This sequence emphasizes an intensive research of textual, linguistic, structural, and theological proof. the result's really apt and balanced perception into the meanings of the textual content within the framework of biblical theology. those broadly acclaimed commentaries function unprecedented assets for the pro theologian and teacher, the seminary or collage pupil, the operating minister, and everybody enthusiastic about construction theological realizing from a superior base of biblical scholarship.
Overview of statement Organization
- Introduction—covers concerns touching on the complete ebook, together with context, date, authorship, composition, interpretive concerns, objective, and theology.
- Each element of the statement includes:
- Pericope Bibliography—a precious source containing crucial works that pertain to every specific pericope.
- Translation—the author’s personal translation of the biblical textual content, reflecting the result of exegesis and getting to Hebrew and Greek idiomatic utilization of phrases, words, and tenses, but in quite solid English.
- Notes—the author’s notes to the interpretation that tackle any textual editions, grammatical types, syntactical buildings, simple meanings of phrases, and difficulties of translation.
- Form/Structure/Setting—a dialogue of redaction, style, resources, and culture as they challenge the foundation of the pericope, its canonical shape, and its relation to the biblical and extra-biblical contexts with the intention to light up the constitution and personality of the pericope. Rhetorical or compositional positive aspects vital to realizing the passage also are brought here.
- Comment—verse-by-verse interpretation of the textual content and discussion with different interpreters, attractive with present opinion and scholarly research.
- Explanation—brings jointly the entire result of the dialogue in prior sections to reveal the that means and goal of the textual content at a number of degrees: (1) in the context of the ebook itself; (2) its which means within the OT or NT; (3) its position within the whole canon; (4) theological relevance to broader OT or NT issues.
General Bibliography—occurring on the finish of every quantity, this huge bibliography comprises all resources used at any place within the commentary.
Read or Download 1 Kings, Volume 12: Second Edition (Word Biblical Commentary) PDF
Similar christian reference_1 books
The Gospel of Matthew encourages and conjures up its viewers to perform the real, genuine, and holistic worship required for believers in Jesus to stay within the nation of heaven. in response to all that Jesus taught and exemplified concerning genuine worship, believers are invited to counterpoint their worship of God by way of worshiping and praying to Jesus as God's loved Son, who represents "God with us.
Christian interpretation of the Bible isn't a simple task. whereas discovering either its starting and lead to the theological declare that Scripture finds to us “what God has performed in Christ,” Christian interpretation calls for even more. The interplay among believer and textual content is usually dialog among reader and interpretive group, either historical and smooth.
What’s occurring in our international? Why are suicide bombers attacking our towns? Why are shooters invading our offices and shops? Why are scholars attacking audio system at their faculties? Why are there types of the reality on the web and within the media? Michael Youssef, well known instructor and center jap professional, explains intimately what’s troubling today’s global.
What wouldn't it be like for contemporary readers to sit beside Jesus as he defined the Bible to them? What life-changing insights may perhaps emerge from this type of transformative come across? Lois Tverberg understands the treasures that look ahead to readers keen to profit how you can learn the Bible via Jewish eyes. via aiding them comprehend the Bible as Jesus and his first-century listeners may have, she bridges the gaps of time and tradition to be able to open the Bible to readers this present day.
- Revelation - Chapter and Verse: A Blessing from Beginning to End for Those Who Head Its Words
- Mimesis in the Johannine Literature: A Study in Johannine Ethics (The Library of New Testament Studies)
- Preaching in the New Testament: An exegetical and biblical-theological study (New Studies in Biblical Theology)
- Matthew in Your Pocket: A Pilgrimage with a Gospel
- Angels and Beasts: The Relationship between the Four Living Creatures and the Four Riders in Revelation 6:1-8
Extra resources for 1 Kings, Volume 12: Second Edition (Word Biblical Commentary)